Using of Schungite with therapeutic purpose at the Belyye Klyuchi sanatorium
N.V. Butakovskaya, L.M. Timofeyeva
Belyye Klyiuchi Sanatorium OJSC, Petrozavodsk
The Belyye Klyiuchi Sanatorium has been operating as a balneological resort of general profile for 20 years.
Medical factors that are used in the work of the health resort are identical to those on which treatment in the Martsialnyye Vody Sanatorium is based – this is mineral water and therapeutic muds of Gabozero Lake.
The sanatorium can accommodate up to 150 people at the same time. Hydrotherapy with mineral baths, mud therapy, ozone therapy, hirudotherapy and schungitotherapy are widely used at the sanatorium.
Since 2001, the sanatorium has introduced the following methods of treatment with mineral preparations based on schungite:
- concentrated schungite water for external use – rinsing, inhalation and wrapping;
- schungite paste for applications;
- schungite mixture for mineral baths.
In total, 1,510 people were treated with schungite. Applications with schungite paste used for treatment of osteochondrosis, radiculitis, arthrosis and arthritis – 445 people received such treatment of 8-9 procedures per course an average. Schungite baths are used in diseases of the blood circulatory system (coronary artery disease, hypertension and angioneurosis) – 610 people received such treatment of 8-9 procedures per course an average per person. Treatment with concentrated schungite water is used for chronic respiratory diseases and otorhinolaryngology diseases – 481 people received such treatment of 8-9 procedures per course an average. There were no regression in patients’ state and no side effects during and after the procedures for the period of treatment with schungite in various forms.
When observing and monitoring the procedures, the following improvement was noted: Increase in joint range of motions, relieve edema and pain in diseases of the musculoskeletal system (after 4-8 procedures of the schungite paste applications).
Skin hypersensitivity reactions (urticaria) were managed after 2-3 procedures of baths or lotions of concentrated schungite infusion. Symptoms of acute rhinitis disappeared after 2-3 inhalations with concentrated schungite infusion. BP became normal after 6-7 procedures of schungite baths in patients with vascular diseases (hypertension and angioneurosis). Young patients demonstrate a good effect when using concentrated schungite infusion to wipe the face with acne vulgaris.
Except for therapeutic purposes, schungite is used to purify tap water in a swimming pool at the sanatorium. An additional purification of tap water is carried out with the help of a schungite filter at the sanatorium’s catering facilities. Significantly improved in quality water is used for cooking herbal decoctions and food.
Based on the above on the use of schungite for treatment purposes, the following conclusions can be drawn:
The use of mineral preparations from schungite gives a positive dynamics in the prevention and treatment of a number of diseases. Schungite preparations can be used in health resort treatment. Mineral preparations from schungite have no age restrictions and can be used in cases when medical mud and some mineral baths are contraindicated.
Household and industrial schungite filters significantly improve the quality of tap water and allow it to be used for cooking herbal decoctions, infusions and food.
Production schungite filters are used for water treatment of swimming pools, which improves color, physical and microbial composition of water.
Schungite is a fairly accessible mineral. It is economically profitable to use it for human health. The official recognition of the medical and environmental properties of this mineral will make it possible to apply it more quickly and widely in medical practice.
The additional use of schungite in a treatment premises, such as a relaxation room, has a short-term history in our sanatorium.
We established and equipped a schungite room in 2006. When it was created, we used licensed materials purchased from various companies, including schungite plaster and natural stone mined in the Zazhoginskiy deposit. Such elements that enhance the effect of relaxation, as comfortable chairs and a sofa, special relaxing music, a fountain, paintings and muffled light, were added in the schungite room. In addition to the schungite room itself, we have massage mats, dorsal and articular cover plates made of schungite to enhance local therapeutic effect.
The Center of Hygiene and Epidemiology in the Republic of Karelia carried out measurements of the level of electromagnetic field intensity and radiation examination of the premises before and after equipping with schungite, confirmed compliance with hygienic standards and granted a permit for operation. Since May 2006, we have included staying in the schungite room in the treatment program at our sanatorium.
We used a computer electropuncture scan to examine patients who were referred for procedures in the schungite room. The examination was carried out twice in each patient: before visiting the schungite room and after 10 procedures obtained in it. The study was carried out by using a computer electropuncture scanner KES-01 that is intended for screening diagnostics and therapy of functional disorders of various body systems. A principal feature of the KES scanner is the measurement of electrocutaneous resistance in acupoints with subsequent computer processing of the recorded biophysical indices. The software included in the composition of the instrument complex allows performing complete algorithmic processing of data in digital, color, graphic and text modes.
The study of patients with the KES scanner is carried out according to the method proposed by the Japanese scientist Nakatani at the beginning of the 50s of the 20th century based on the theory of Ryodoraku developed by the author. According to this theory, there is a close relationship between the functional state of internal organs and the electrical resistance at dermal points located along the lines of existing meridians. Nakatani called these lines, which change their electrical conductivity when changing the functions of interrelated bodies, Ryodoraku (“good electrical pathway”).
Thus, we examined a group of 20 patients. The group structure was as follows:
- By age: 20% was patients under 60 years old; 80% was elderly patients, over 60 years old.
- By sex: 20% was male; 80% was female.
- By nosology: 30% of examined patients admitted to us had a diagnosis of cerebrovascular disease with hypertension.
- 30% had vertebral osteochondrosis;
- 20% had coronary artery disease in combination with hypertension;
- 10% had bronchial asthma;
- 10% had rheumatoid polyarthritis.
Conclusions on the work of the schungite room are as follows:
1. Having analyzed the results of examination, we came to a conclusion that after 10 procedures of staying in the schungite room, the patients’ energy level changes, and internal mechanisms of their self-regulation are activated:
- 40% of the patients examined had energy harmonization;
- 40% of patients had activation of a smoldering chronic process;
- 20% of patients had regression of an acute process.
2. In studying the relationship between channels, we found as follows:
- 50% of patients had impaired connections between the channels, among them
- in 40% of the examined patients, the disruption of the connections between the energy channels disappeared or significantly decreased after 10 procedures in the schungite room;
- in 10% of them, new ones appeared.
3. During the whole time, we monitored the parameters of hemodynamics before and after the procedure, which allowed to detect the stabilization of the blood pressure level while staying in the schungite room: the lowered BP increased, and the elevated BP decreased by 5-10 mm Hg. There were no significant changes in the heart rate. Thus, having started using the schungite room in our practice and examining the small group of patients who obtain procedures of staying there, we got the first positive results and plan to continue the further use of the schungite room by monitoring the results of the treatment with KES-01.
View text on Russian http://alfapol.ru/opyt-ispolzovaniya-shungita-v-lechebnyx-celyax-v-sanatorii-belye-klyuchi/